Saturday, June 5, 2010

Following Closely Behind

Once again, I encountered one of the most dangerous driving behaviors. We all know that there is a reaction time for everyone (3/4 of a second for an alert driver), and during that time the car keeps moving. There is also a braking distance, because the car can't stop on-the-spot (unless it hits a wall).

It seems like some people are unaware of the laws of physics and decide to follow me very closely when I drive. Most of the time they just want to pass, so I let them pass when I can. Sometimes they're just dangerous drivers looking to scare others.

One day, someone will have an emergency stop and they'll hit him. Then they'll find out what it means to follow closely. They will not only be hit, they are also guilty by law, and there is no way to get out of it.

Watch out for these drivers, and let them pass you. Your ego is not worth your life, especially on the road.

Nadav

nadavs

No comments: