Saturday, February 12, 2011

Going Hybrid

In my continued quest to find a car (remember that January 1st post?), today I tried something different: a hybrid car. Well, I wasn't exactly driving it, but being a passenger in this car was different enough already.

First, it's quiet. Really. The only difference between a running and parking car is the lights on the dashboard. Even when it runs on the gas engine, it's still super-silent compared to other cars.

The major difference is the gas mileage. If you go slow enough, you'll see zero (battery). When accelerating, it can reach a good mileage of 20 km/liter, which is fantastic.

If I'll have enough money (and I need more than enough for a hybrid...), a hybrid car is definitely a good candidate. Good mileage, silent running, and government benefits for hybrids should definitely do the trick.

Nadav

nadavs

No comments: