Saturday, June 28, 2008

Driving Temper and Temperature

How hot is your car when you drive? Do you like driving when the temperature inside your car is over 30°C, or do you prefer to cool it down with your air conditioning? From what I found out, the temperature inside your car is very important and directly affects your driving ability.

High temperatures expand your blood vessels and reduce your blood pressure. As a result, you become more sleepy. This situation has a big effect on your driving. Combine it with itchy sweating, and you have a recipe for disaster. Low temperatures, on the other hand, cause increased blood pressure and better awareness.

When I drive, I always set the air conditioning to supply cold air into the car, unless it's really cold outside, and then I warm up the car a little. When the temperature inside the car is over 25°C, I feel a serious drop in my driving ability and awareness. Sometimes, in really hot days, I drive with the air conditioning at maximum power. It may waste more fuel, but it's worth saving my life.

Drive safely. Set a good temperature in your car.
Nadav

nadavs

No comments: