Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Wonders of Impatience

If you give me one thing I can change about drivers here, my number one choice would be impatience. The lack of patience here is bordering insanity, and it almost makes me insane in many situations.

For example, one of the most basic driving situations: a red light. Some drivers are in such a hurry that they honk as soon as the light turns green, not letting the poor driver ahead of them to even realize that the light is green. I'm not talking about a dreaming driver, just one who needs an extra second to move.

Another example of impatience can be found on traffic jams. When drivers see a green light they go through the intersection, ignoring the fact they can't clear it in time. This causes others to go around them inside the intersection, or sometimes just block an entire intersection. It's annoying, it's dangerous, and it's illegal. Yet it still happens.

Next week I'll give you some more examples, unless I'll see something positive worth mentioning here.

Have a great weekend!
Nadav

nadavs

No comments: