Saturday, November 19, 2011

Just Unbelievable

I visited some friends on Sunday and left their house late at night. On my way back home, I approached a traffc light with a green light for my direction. Then I saw someone turn left on the intersection right in front of me.

Traffic lights here are not like in Europe or the US. If you want to turn left, you need the left turn light. This means someone arrived at the light, saw that no one is there, and ran the red light.

It took me several seconds to understand what just happened. Fortunately, I was very far away from the light, so it didn't affect me. The only problem was that my light turned red (the intersection has sensors).

Please, promise me: don't be idiots. Red means stop 24 hours a day, every day. Even if the intersection is empty and no car is approaching for miles away, red means stop. Don't surprise anyone.

Nadav

nadavs

No comments: