Saturday, January 17, 2009

Air Conditioning: A Critical Issue

What is the most important part of the car? I don't mean parts like the wheel or the brakes, which we can't drive without. I mean the less critical parts, like air conditioning. It turns out that those tiny switches can really make a difference in my driving.

It's really cold outside, and when I enter the car, it's still cold. The only thing I want to do when I start the car is turn on the air conditioner, but I wait. When the engine heats up, I get free hot air right into my face and hands, where I need it.

However, after a few minutes, it's getting stuffy, and I lower the temperature until I reach the really cold ones. This cycle continues throughout the whole drive, until I park the car. When I go back in, the process continues.

It's much better the summer driving, where I put the air conditioner on full power and lowest temperature, just to drive for 600 meters. It's really hard to drive during summer here.

"Pass your Driving Test", my guide, puts an emphasis on the air conditioning since it's important. If you feel comfortable, you are all set for a good drive.

Nadav

nadavs

No comments: