Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Almost Accidents"

Accidents are the nightmare of every driver (along with heavy traffic and being unable to pass a crawling driver). During the last week I had a clear case of an "almost accident", the second before an accident, the decision that can change lives.

My situation was fairly simple. I was driving on an empty two-way road that I drive on about three times a week. Then, as I approached a curve, someone appeared from the other side on the middle of the road. I had to swerve out of my lane on a very narrow road.

I had to choose between hitting the car in front or possibly going out of the road and losing control. I chose to avoid the car, and I was right. I had to make a decision in under a second about what is less risky.

Accidents are nasty business, and you don't always have control over them. Please drive as carefully as possible.

Yours,
Nadav

nadavs

No comments: